As a result of Canon’s announcement of the brand-new EOS R6 Mark II, many people are curious about when the EOS R5 Mark II will be released. The most recent speculations uncovered by CR suggest that the Canon EOS R5 Mark II will be available sometime around the second quarter of 2023.
The following is a list of the earliest speculated specifications for the EOS R5 Mark II:
- New CMOS BSI sensor with 61 megapixels Dual DIGIC X processor 30 frames per second (FPS) electronic shutter that tracks subjects 12 frames per second (FPS) mechanical shutter
- IBIS with the same eight stops
- New High-Resolution mode that captures images in a manner analogous to the pixel shift shooting seen on Sony and Fujifilm 2x/4x/8x digital teleconverters
- The Dual Pixel CMOS AF II is available on the EOS R3 and the EOS R6 Mark II.
- Internal 8K 60p video recording (8K RAW video spec to be confirmed)
- Internal 4K 30p/60p/120p video recording (all by oversampling)
- FHD 240p video recording
- The video focused on the repair of breathing
- The new overheat avoidance design, analogous to the EOS R6 Mark II, takes at least 40 minutes to record in 8K resolution and more than 60 minutes to register in 4K resolution.
- Dual slots for CF Express cards of type B
- Dual USB-C ports, a standard HDMI connector, and an EVF with 9.44 million dots
- LCD has a new design that can be angled in various directions, making it more suitable for video recording
Launch window: the second quarter of 2023